Altitude Lab is looking for a strategic leader to develop and implement the organization’s programs and support our diverse community of health care entrepreneurs.
Altitude Lab is looking for a strategic leader to develop and implement the organization’s programs and support our diverse community of health care entrepreneurs. As Program Director, you will manage a team of employees and contractors and report directly to the Executive Director who oversees Altitude Lab’s program and strategy. You will focus on fostering entrepreneurial culture, developing educational and program events, instituting program processes, and supporting the Executive Director’s strategic projects.
For success, you will exhibit strong project and budget management skills, creativity, and approachability to resident startups. You will be the contact for all programmatic needs and will be an important liaison to ensure the best experience for resident companies. You’ll do great if you are passionate about helping innovative startups succeed and building Salt Lake City’s rapidly growing life sciences community..
What You’ll Do
- Independently develop and execute a program roadmap for resident entrepreneurs and proactively seek out educational content, resources, and/or speakers to support resident entrepreneurs’ education
- In collaboration with the Executive Director, develop a strategy and establish partners in the larger health care and scientific community to foster entrepreneurship and recruit program participation
- Create community between entrepreneurs and implement any associated programming
- Prepare grant proposals to support programming and manage departmental budget
- Complete projects to support marketing efforts, partnerships, or donors
- In coordination with your colleagues, address safety response plans as needed
As a leader at Altitude Lab, you are
- An ally to entrepreneurs from diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and experiences who continually seeks ways to support our unique community
- Experienced setting and managing budgets using accounting tools like Quickbooks
- Organized and understand how to prioritize work and set expectations with your teammates and collaborators
- Thoughtful in creating meaningful and fun experiences for resident companies
- A bachelor's degree holder with at least 7 years of experience in entrepreneurship, nonprofit program management, or events management. Strong preference for those with entrepreneurial, venture capital, or health care innovation experience.