Either ability to form OR have existing relationships with translational medicine decision making teams; with an initial focus on immunotherapy and cell therapy. This position will report to the Director of Laboratory Operations. Learn more
We started Teiko Bio to use immune insights to help deliver life changing therapies to those who need them most. Today, Teiko delivers on its mission by supporting therapy development and informing clinical decision making. By using cutting edge mass cytometry, Teiko’s leading assay, the TokuProfile, maps characteristics of response, accelerates clinical pipeline candidates, and supports identification of novel discoveries.
- Familiar with single cell or genomics assays
- Motivated to help breakthrough therapies reach patients
- Excited to tackle ground-floor challenges and work with seasoned scientists and proven entrepreneurs
The Research Associate will be performing immunophenotyping with human specimens. Responsibilities include the operation, calibration and maintenance of cytometer and related equipment, data acquisition, and documentation of results. The Research Associate will participate in the development and validation of new procedures and tests in the laboratory located in Salt Lake City, UT. This position will report to the Director of Laboratory Operations.
- Perform administrative tasks such as managing reagent inventory, test subject records, and scheduling equipment maintenance.
- Preparation and maintenance of cytometry-related reagents.
- Perform tests using SOP involving multiple methodologies. These may include automated, semi-automated or manual technologies.
- Perform preventive and corrective maintenance of equipment and instrumentation.
- Operation and maintenance of cytometer-related computer hardware and software.
- Communicates outcomes to appropriate supervisors.
- Other general administrative duties as required.
- Ensures clear lines of communication and expectations throughout the organization.
- Fosters a continuous improvement mindset within the organization, ensuring continued focus on capacity planning and optimized workflow.
Education and Experience
- BS/BA in a Biological Science or related field plus 1 year laboratory experience.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office programs and basic statistical methods.
- Experience with data acquisition, data analysis, data presentation and documentation preferred.
- Position requires an ongoing commitment to upgrading of job skills. Must be able to work closely with others & possess solid interpersonal & communication skills.
- Capable of working in a fast-paced environment; effective in a diverse work group; willing to work in a rapidly changing work unit.
- The ability to be flexible & adaptable to changing technology.
- Must be able to work independently.
- General lab skills and knowledge of lab safety.